Sunday, August 9, 2009

Time stands still it seems


Today as I was driving to work to check on a few patients, I had what I can only describe as a "moment". I know it's a very undescriptive word, but it's all I got. I was listening to MJ (Michael Jackson). There's something about his music that relieves my stress. Songs like P.Y.T., Blame It On The Boogie, Rock With You (one of my all time favorites), & the Jackson 5 classic Got To Be There. His talent was on a completely other level that will never be reached again. As I am driving-- windows down, sunroof open, with Billie Jean turned all the way up I am moved to tears. It's almost like I still can't believe that he's gone. We're at almost two months since his passing, and it's still not real. It's like one day I'm able to say OK he's gone-- I got it now, then there's days like today when it feels like a train crashing unexpectingly & abruptly; back to square #1...acceptance. Wow, what a loss.

No comments: