Monday, July 6, 2009

Man in the mirror


It's been a long, long, long day and now I'm preparing for bed. I have some of my favorite Michael Jackson songs playing. I am still deeply upset by this whole tragedy. I've tried to stay away from mainstream media because I knew without a doubt that his name would be trashed during this time of sorrow. He lived a very sad & lonely life filled with a bunch of leeches. Every time I think of it, it brings a dark shadow of pity to my soul. The man loved by millions, was probably the loneliness of us all. I couldn't imagine being surrounded by hundreds of people, most of which I felt couldn't be trusted. That alone would drive me mad. Maybe now in his untimely death Michael can finally get some peace. Forever gone are the worries of this life. Tomorrow is his memorial service. I'm hoping this will bring about the beginning of some closure and acceptance of everything. I still get chills when I hear "the king is dead". It's just one of those things you never really think will happen.

I pray that along side his undeniable musical influence, he leaves a legacy of IMPACT for mankind. His humanitarian efforts will forever inspire me. The best place to start with making a change is with the 'man in the mirror'. God what a message he had in that song. This is a sad, sad time. God bless. RIP MJ...

No comments: