Friday, January 29, 2010

When it's gone, it's gone.

Why is it that in the moments of tragedy, heartache, & pain I seem to see my life from a different point of view?  I value my existence a little more.  I don't get it.   Everyday I wake up should be reason enough for me to smile.  Some days I wake up and I immediately think "here we go again, new day, same $#!%"...sad but it's true.  I have really put a focus on being a better, more positive person this year.  The last week at work has been far from the best, but hey I'm still here.  I have must some fight left in me huh?  I thought I realized how this whole life thing works, unlike I saw how I've started to let small unimportant things taint my life.  Through anothers tragedy I've taken notice to my short comings and it shames me.  Life is precious, plain and simple it's a gift.  It's raining out right now, which doesn't really help the mood.  As I sit here I'm thinking of tomorrow...

An old friend and former classmate of mine will be laid to rest tomorrow morning.  A genuinely good person that I never really thought would leave this life so soon.  There's a freedom in death, no more worries, sorrows, or pain but then there's the other part of death, imprisonment.  Those left to live on and agonize over things we wish we'd said and done, but now it's too late.  Time is of the essence.  When it's gone, it's gone.

No comments: