Sunday, June 28, 2009

The ultimate freedom


It has taken me a few days to get to this one. I've been in disbelief, really. My heart is filled with a genuine sadness for Michael Jackson, someone that I always felt was gentle spirit. A very misunderstood person. As someone who has always been a huge fan of his music and humanitarian efforts I can't help but feel an emptiness, knowing he's gone forever. Music wouldn't be what it is today without his influence. It'll be hard to find one active recording artist today who in someone hasn't been (musically) inspired/influenced by Michael. I believe that we all got a tiny glimpse into his heart with songs like We Are The World, Man In The Mirror, Heal The World, and even the song Ben. A caring person, one of peace, one who yearned to heal a broken world and unite people.

In a way I find solace in his death because he can finally rest. The rumors don't matter anymore, the pain of a non existent childhood won't haunt him anymore. He's reached the ultimate peak of freedom. I've always felt or had the impression that apart from his undeniable talent, the person residing inside was a very sad, lonely, & scared person. I think that's why his death really upset me. He never quiet seemed to fit or get that chance at being "normal". Now he can finally rest and not worry. I pray for his family and the other fans. Music has truly lost a brilliant genius.

No comments: